Monday, August 4, 2014

Tuesday August 5th is shaping up to be a very contentious O'Hara Council meeting.  Several people who are in favor of Council spending the extra $1.3 million tax dollars have contacted me to tell me I am being mean and selfish.  I do wish that we could build it with donated money, rather than saddling the taxpayers with not only the initial capital cost, but the long-term risk of ongoing costs.  Unfortunately, the private fund-raising has not met the requirements to complete the building.

I have also had several calls or emails in support of my concerns that the Township is over committing the taxpayers to a building that we cannot support without a tax increase or spending our ready reserves on something that is nice to have, but not a requirement for core township services.

Again, please attend the council meeting on Tuesday, August 5th at 7 PM at the township building.

Tom Portante

No comments:

Post a Comment